Communicating Accessibly - the Wildcat Way!
Whether you are creating content as part of your unit's marketing message or to be sent out as a newsletter or email message, information on this page will be helpful in ensuring your message is accessible for everyone. Accessibility of our digital content is important and needs to be considered as soon as you start designing your message. Contact DRC for assistance.
Quick Tips for accessible communications:
- Use and Create Accessible PDF Documents
- Use or create captioned multimedia content
- Websites, Emails, and Documents
- Web Accessibility: The Wildcat way
- Microsoft Office Accessibility
- Use PowerPoint templates, modify Master Slide Layout if needed
- Email Accessibility
- Overall Accessibility Tips Include:
- Event Planning – include disability access statements
- Accessible Presentation Techniques
- Tools and Techniques to Make your Online Content More Accessible (captioned presentation)
- Inclusive and Accessible Design Series (collaboration with UA Library)
- WebAIM: http://www.webaim.org
- Web Accessibility Validation
- Accessibility and email campaigns
- Accessible Meetings, Events, and Conferences Guide
- Accessibility Best Practice: Designing For Disabilities
- Writing Clearly and Simply
- Dos and don'ts on designing for accessibility
Get involved with shaping our brand platform and engaging with the communities who are taking UA to the next level. View information about the groups to join (netid required).