Adding your captions
Common tools used by UA Staff for videos and captioning:
UA Libraries Video Streaming Services
Videos requested through UA Library will have captions automatically included if the original media is captioned.
Many companies and applications such as YouTube, Zoom, and Panopto, are offering auto, machine-generated captions and transcripts.
UArizona's Lecture Capture tool:
- Manually upload captions in Panopto
- Import ASR (Automatic Speech Recognition) generated captions
- Integrate your captioning account with Panopto with the following steps:
- Set up an account with a captioning vendor.
- Set up an API integration within your captioning account for Panopto
- Request your API integration information be added to Panopto by contacting Academic Technologies Support
- Make sure you have your API key information, the desired turnaround time, and the point of contact for your unit's primary caption requestor.
- YouTube step-by-step directions
- Vimeo captioning directions
- Social Media
- Facebook - add captions to posted videos
- Instagram - captions must be part of the video
- Twitter - how to upload an SRT subtitle file in Media Studio
- "How to Add Captions and Subtitles to Your Social Media Videos"
- 3PlayMedia's Tutorial for adding caption files
- Adobe's Step-by-step tutorial or
- Adobe's tutorial in video format
- See Adobe's support page for captions
Create your own time-stamped captioning file
- Upload video to a service supporting auto-captioning
- Allow auto-captions to be created
- Correct auto-captions and re-sync video
- Download captioning file
- Auto-generated captions can get you started for creating your own, accurate, caption file.
- CADET Captioning Software - Free, downloadable caption-authoring software that enables anyone to produce high-quality caption files that are compatible with any media player that supports the display of captions. CADET can also be used to generate audio-description scripts.
- Amara - create a caption file for your own videos.
- Voice Recognition Software (Dragon NaturallySpeaking, Siri, Dragon Dictate App, etc.)
- Transcribe - type out your own transcript.
- Top 10 Subtitle creation software
- Top 10 Subtitle Editors
- How Long Does It Take to Manually Caption Videos?
Disability Resources (DRC) is your resource for ensuring accessible content!
For Support or Consultation: