Communicating Accessibly - the Wildcat Way!
Whether you are creating content as part of your unit's marketing message or simply creating content to be sent out as a newsletter or email message, information on this page will be helpful in ensuring your message is accessible for everyone. Accessibility of our digital content is important and needs to be considered as soon as you start designing your message. Contact DRC for assistance.
Quick Tips for accessible communications:
Websites, Emails, and Documents
- Web Accessibility: The Wildcat way
- Microsoft Office Accessibility
- Email Accessibility
- Make sure you can access all content with just a keyboard
- Use PowerPoint templates, modify Master Slide Layout if needed
- Use headings correctly to organize the structure of your content
- Provide alternate text (text equivalents) for images
- Hyperlinks: Use self-describing language - Avoid "Click Here"
- Ensure good color contrast